Messerschmitt Me 262A-2a
- Manufacturer: Trumpeter
- Scale: 1:32
- Aircraft: Messerschmitt Me 262A-2a Schwalbe
- Markings: WkNr 111712 | Innsbruck, Austria | May/June 1945
- Aftermarket: Eduard Interior | Barracuda wheels | Scale Precision insignia masks
- Paints: Gunze Sangyo Mr. Color | Tamiya | Alclad | Vallejo | AK Interactive
I won’t lie – this project was a slog in places. But I think a lot of that had more to do with where my head was at than any fault of the kit. Overall, the fit and detail were good to great throughout. The only real trouble spots were where the engine pods link up with the wings, and the fit of the gun doors, which were clearly meant to be displayed open.
If you’re eyeing an Me 262 in 1/32, Trumpeter is definitely the way to go.
- Eduard Interior: Meh. Eduard whiffs on this one a bit, but the HGW/Eduard textile belts continue to be greatness.
- Barracuda Wheels: Greatness. If you’re building a Trumpy 262 and not using these, it better be because you’re doing it wheels up.
- Scale Precision Masks: Continue to be far and away the best masks I’ve ever used.
Back to COMPLETED BUILDS