This month, Doogs’ Models marks its first anniversary. Kind of amazing to think it’s been around a whole year already!
In that time, traffic has grown from pretty much zero to up to around 8,500 visits per month.
But in that time, what I write about hasn’t really changed. Nor has how I write about it.
Moving into year two, I’m considering shaking things up a bit. Before I do, though, I figured I’d ask you what you’d like to see more of? Less of?
Here are a few things I’ve been pondering…
- Build Reports – For the past year, I’ve taken a multi-part approach to build reports, usually focusing individual posts on things like construction, painting, weathering, and so on. Would anyone rather see it all in one go? Or does the phased approach seem to work better?
- Build Pages – Are these working? What could be improved?
- Aftermarket Reviews – I’ve done a few of these…but is there any interest in deeper or more frequent reviews of various aftermarket products – photo etch and resin sets, metal barrels, decal sheets, and so on?
- What Next? Polls – I’ll admit, I have a blast with the polls. They keep a bit of excitement in what I’ll pull out of my stash next, and it’s always surprising to see which kit rises to the top. It’s never yet been the one I’d expect. But sometimes I think maybe I’m the only one that enjoys these.
- New Formats – It’s a pain, but I’ve been toying with the idea of trying my hand at a video build here and there. Is this something anybody would have any interest in? Another option…building Powerpoints for some multi-step techniques (like the three-layer blend, biplane rigging, or weathering armor) and embedding them into posts via SlideShare.
- Subject Matter – I tend to do a lot of build reports, but I’ve been known to veer. Perhaps most prolifically with the job situation this summer. And I know in the near future I’ll be chronicling the rebuilding of the bench with the move. But beyond that? More techniques? More rants? More…god forbid…politics?