Since coming back to modeling in July 2010, I’ve accumulated quite the stash as I’ve kept an eye out for deals and succumbed to various lacks of willpower.
But in that time, my tastes and interests have evolved. I’ve found some kits I really enjoy. I’ve discovered a love for 1/32 scale that’s all but ruined me on 1/48 for tiny aircraft like the Bf 109.
So I’ve decided to thin the herd and sell off a selection of the kits I’ve come to acknowledge I’ll never build. Before I start into the eBay route, I figured I’d offer them up here. Assume shipping within the US at $9 per, though I’ve no doubt I can knock that down if you spring for multiples – particularly the smaller kits. Aftermarket and such goodies noted.
If you’re interested in anything below, just e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org…
- Cyber-Hobby Messerschmitt Bf 109E-4 – $30 – I’ve already build a 1/32 Emil, and I’ve got two of these Cyber-Hobby masterpieces in the stash. Only need one.
- Trumpeter F4U-4 Corsair – $30 – Scored this one off eBay, only to discover I didn’t read the fine print, and that it was already (poorly) started. Completely destroyed my enthusiasm for the build. All that’s been started is the cockpit and some painting on the inside of the fuselage.
- Trumpeter F8F-2 Bearcat – $45 – Gorgeous looking model, but the Bearcat just doesn’t do it for me (I like aircraft that did things). Includes SAC metal landing struts.
- Academy Spitfire Mk.XIV – $15 – Includes copious aftermarket such as prop, exhausts, etc. Was the only game in town until PCM released their 1/32 Mk.XIV. Now that I’ve got the big’un, I don’t see myself building the Academy.
- Airfix Spitfire Mk.XII – $12 – By all accounts a great kit. Just lost the fire.
- Eduard Lavochkin La-7 Profi-Pack – $20 – What I really want? A 1/32 La-7. Maybe one day.
- Hobbycraft F8F-2 Bearcat – $10 – See above about the 1/32 Bearcat and apply it to 1/48.
- ICM P-51K Mustang – $10 – A copy of the Tamiya kit that allegedly doesn’t fit as well. I’ve got plenty of other Mustangs.
- ICM Spitfire Mk.VIII – $10 – I’ve built Tamiya’s masterful 1/32 Mk.VIII. This one is now superfluous.
- ICM Spitfire Mk.IX – $15 – Comes with ground crew and a dog. If I build a IX, it’ll be 1/32.
- Monogram P-61 Black Widow – $0 – Old kit in a busted up box. Pay for shipping and it’s yours.
- Monogram A-10 Warthog – $10 – Bought with the best of intentions. Oh well.
- Revell P-47N Thunderbolt – $10 – I’ve got the Academy 1/48 and Trumpy 1/32 -N kits. No need for three.
- Minicraft PBY-5 Catalina – $7 – Thought this would be a good idea. Couldn’t work up to a 1/144 aircraft, though.
1/35 Scale Armor
- Cyber-Hobby Orange Box Panzer III Ausf. E/F – $20 – Honestly wasn’t that interested in the P.IIIE/F when I bought it.
- Cyber-Hobby Firefly Vc Orange Box – $20 – When I build a Firefly Vc, I’m going to hunt down the Tasca kit.
- Dragon M4 Sherman Composite Hull – PTO – $20 – What can I say – I like Tasca’s Shermans better.
- Zvezda T-34/85 – $15 – Not a very good kit, but someone with way more patience than me could certainly turn it into something.