- Manufacturer: Hasegawa
- Scale: 1:32
- Aircraft: Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate – “Frank”
- Markings: “White 24”, 520th Temporary Interception Regiment, 1945
- Aftermarket: Eduard Interior | Quickboost exhausts | Montex Masks
- Paints: Gunze Sangyo Mr. Color | Tamiya | Vallejo
Do you like the Ki-84? Want to build one in 1/32 scale?
Then this is the only game in town, and reviews are somewhat pointless.
You’ll be happy to know, though, that this is a really solid kit, perhaps not as fancy with itself as Tamiya’s recent masterpieces, but it is solidly engineered and goes together without a fuss. The only downside – not Hasegawa’s fault – is the lack of aftermarket, particularly markings. The Ki-84 wore some crazy ones at times, but unless you want to go get custom masks cut, you’re SOL.
- Eduard Interior: Worth it for the PE seat alone
- Quickboost Exhausts: Hollowed ends. Nice step up from the kit pieces.
- Montex Masks: The vinyl canopy mask had lift issues at the edges. The masks themselves were frustratingly designed. Two of the hinomarus came surrounded by the white border ring, which was basically a 1.5mm-wide ring of really flexible vinyl and unusable. I much prefer the “each step gets its own mask” approach Scale Precision takes.
Back to COMPLETED BUILDS