- Manufacturer: Trumpeter
- Scale: 1:48
- Aircraft: Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-21F-13
- Markings: “White 2015” – Polish Air Force| Poland
- Aftermarket: Eduard Interior | Eduard Brassin Wheels | Scale Precision insignia masks
- Paints: Tamiya | Alclad | Vallejo | AK Interactive
Overall, Trumpeter has a nice, competent kit on their hands here. In my opinion, Trumpeter’s F-13 is not as good as Eduard’s later-model MiG-21s. Detail is good…enough. Fit is generally excellent. The engineering is the maddening part. In some places it’s inspired. But the butt join of the stabilators, two-pin wing mounts, and fussy main gear struts bring overall quality down a notch.
- Eduard Interior: Meh. Eduard whiffs on this one a bit, but the HGW/Eduard textile belts continue to be greatness.
- Eduard Brassin Wheels: Nicely detailed. Perhaps more effort than they were ultimately worth.
- Scale Precision Masks: Made this project possible. Nuff said.
See more photos in higher resolution over at SmugMug:
Back to COMPLETED BUILDS