- Manufacturer: Tamiya
- Scale: 1:48
- Aircraft: Republic P-47D Thunderbolt
- Markings: Col. David Schilling’s “Hairless Joe” | 56th Fighter Group | 8th Army Air Force | August 1944
- Aftermarket: Eduard placards | Ultracast seat | Aeromaster decals | Master brass blast tubes
I’d originally intended to build “Hairless Joe” from the old Monogram P-47, but when the 17-year-old decals went awry, I picked up Tamiya’s Jug and started over.
And am I ever glad I did. Tamiya’s P-47D is all-around fantastic kit. From the cockpit detail to the fit of the wings, the correct angling of the blast tubes, and even the clear navigation light housings, just about everything is pitch perfect.
Overall, I have to say this has been my favorite build to date, both in the journey and the end result. I look forward to building many more Tamiya Thunderbolts in the future!
- The Next Build(s)
- Build Report 1 – Cockpit
- Build Report 2 – Main Assembly
- Build Report 3 – Painting
- Build Report 4 – Decals, Weathering and Final Touches
Back to COMPLETED BUILDS