- Manufacturer: Tamiya
- Scale: 1:35
- Vehicle: M4 Sherman Early Production
- Aftermarket: Jordi Rubio 75mm turned aluminum barrel
When choosing a kit with which to dip my toe back into armor, Tamiya’s Sherman was a no-brainer. I built their M4A3 as a kid, and remember it going together effortlessly back then. This M4 was no different, and built up nicely in the span of a night. The Olive Drab scheme is also as dead-simple as they come, perfect for focusing more on the fading and weathering.
The barrel is one of the few weak areas, and the Jordi Rubio aluminum barrel is certainly an improvement.
I have to admit…I’m eager to build some of the Shermans being offered by the likes of Tasca and Dragon, but I am and will always be a big fan of Tamiya’s Sherman lineup.
- Build Report 1: Main Assembly
- Build Report 2: Base Paint and Markings
- Build Report 3: Weathering, Part I
- Build Report 4: Weathering, Part II
Back to COMPLETED BUILDS