- Manufacturer: Hasegawa
- Scale: 1:48
- Aircraft: Douglas A-4F Skyhawk
- Markings: VMA- | United States Marine Corps | LOCATION | 1984
- Aftermarket: Furball Aero-Design Decals | Quickboost Escapac Ejection Seat | Eduard Mk. 82s | Aerobonus Triple Ejector Racks
- Paints: Gunze Mr. Color | Alclad | Vallejo | MIG AMMO
Hasegawa’s Skyhawk kit is a real mixed bag. Some parts – like the wing and gear bay detail, is phenomenal. Other parts – like much of the fit, and stupid mistakes like molding one of the landing gear mounting holes slightly deeper than the other – are not so phenomenal. As what was intended to be a quick, light build, no big deal. But I know if I’d paid the $70 and more some eBay sellers are asking for certain variants of the Skyhawk, I’d be pissed.
- Furball Decals: Perfection. These are hands down some of the best decals I’ve ever used.
- Quickboost Escapac Seat: Passable, but the detail level was honestly a bit bland compared to what I’ve come to expect from Aires/Quickboost.
- Eduard Mk. 82 Snakeyes: Very nice detail, but the pour stub locations make joining the bomb bodies to the retarder fins a pain.
- Aerobonus Triple Ejector Racks: Huge, massive improvement over the Hasegawa options.
See more photos in higher resolution over at SmugMug:
Back to COMPLETED BUILDS