- Manufacturer: Hasegawa
- Scale: 1:48
- Aircraft: Douglas A-4F Skyhawk
- Markings: VMA- | United States Marine Corps | LOCATION | 1984
- Aftermarket: Furball Aero-Design Decals | Quickboost Escapac Ejection Seat | Eduard Mk. 82s | Aerobonus Triple Ejector Racks
- Paints: Gunze Mr. Color | Alclad | Vallejo | MIG AMMO
Hasegawa’s Skyhawk kit is a real mixed bag. Some parts – like the wing and gear bay detail, is phenomenal. Other parts – like much of the fit, and stupid mistakes like molding one of the landing gear mounting holes slightly deeper than the other – are not so phenomenal. As what was intended to be a quick, light build, no big deal. But I know if I’d paid the $70 and more some eBay sellers are asking for certain variants of the Skyhawk, I’d be pissed.
- Furball Decals: Perfection. These are hands down some of the best decals I’ve ever used.
- Quickboost Escapac Seat: Passable, but the detail level was honestly a bit bland compared to what I’ve come to expect from Aires/Quickboost.
- Eduard Mk. 82 Snakeyes: Very nice detail, but the pour stub locations make joining the bomb bodies to the retarder fins a pain.
- Aerobonus Triple Ejector Racks: Huge, massive improvement over the Hasegawa options.
See more photos in higher resolution over at SmugMug:
Back to COMPLETED BUILDS
4 Comments Add yours
As always, I enjoyed this build. I was wondering if you ran into any issues with attaching the guns to the aircraft? I was wondering since I have several A-4s (non Hasegawa) to build, and it seems for mine that you to attach the cannons prior to attaching the wings. Again great work and great posts, even if the people get butthurt over it.
Hmm – I don’t recall them really being a problem. I think Quickboost or someone makes aftermarkets that you might be able to adapt to install after the fact.
I love the paint and finish on this build! Looks incredible!