- Manufacturer: Accurate Miniatures
- Scale: 1:48
- Aircraft: Douglas SBD-3 Dauntless
- Markings: Ensign John Leppla/ARM3c John Liska| VS-2 – USS Lexington | Battle of Coral Sea, May 1942
- Aftermarket: Eduard PE interior | Eduard dive flaps
The Accurate Miniatures Dauntless is a meticulously detailed kit with tons of detail and an unorthodox construction process. Overall it went together remarkably well, but in some cases I can’t help but feel that it’s ambitious engineering suffers from overreach. The inability to test fit various assemblies before gluing or welding things down is frustration, especially when parts end up trying to occupy the same space at the same time. Also frustrating were several minor fit issues near the end of the build. Including the propeller into the crankcase, wheels onto the gear strucks, and the canopies on top of one another.
In the end, though, these annoyances are minor next to the general quality of the kit.
- The Next Build – Douglas SBD-3 Dauntless
- Checking in on the Dauntless
- Dauntless Dive Flaps
- Slow But Done
- FSM Build Thread
Back to COMPLETED BUILDS